[discuss] /1net Steering/Coordination Commitee

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 01:35:40 UTC 2013

John,

A rushed answer.

Creating straw men--"perfect" selection, "equal" representation--for an
argument such as this is beneath you. No one mentioned "perfection" or an
abstract notion of "equality".  Best efforts and an attitude of and behavior
in support of "inclusiveness" would be sufficient but even those were not
undertaken.

By designating categories for selection and then responding positively to an
evidently non-inclusive process of self-selection within those categories
Inet does become responsible whether it wishes to or not.

And as you and I both know, devils are in details and however clever or
intelligent selectees may be if their frames of reference are such as to
exclude whole categories of people (as is evident in their internal
processes) then it is hard to see how one can have any confidence in the
outcome of their deliberations or decisions.