[discuss] /1net Steering/Coordination Commitee

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 09:44:05 UTC 2013

May I ask all civil society participants on this list to please take the discussions on improvements of the civil society liaisons off list, preferably in another forum and mailing list, please? There was a session that civil society, business constituency and the technical constituency convened in Bali in relation to MS Selection Processes and moving towards Accountability and Transparency which started a conversation about how various constituencies organize themselves. We had created a specific mailing list for the IGC in developing the discussions around the Bali workshop and am happy to open this same mailing list (not the IGC general mailing list) to allow for those interested in continuing this discussion outside the I Net mailing list. We can work towards continuing the dialogue on what civil society networks or alliances should work towards and develop clear principles that can be shared with various civil society networks. This is clearly an important conversation but I don't think airing our dirty linen here would do any of us any good. If people are interested in moving this conversation offlist, to the specific mailing list that I suggested, kindly email, coordinators at igcaucus.org and put MS civil society selection dialogue. We can turn this into a productive mechanism for coming up with a clear framework for selection processes and principles for future developments.

Kind Regards,
Sala

P.S Hosting the conversation on the IGC specific mailing list does not mean, that the conversation is owned by the IGC, the dialogue will be shared and open to civil society actors.

Sent from my iPad