[discuss] /1net Steering/Coordination Commitee

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 03:21:32 UTC 2013

On 21/12/2013 15:12, S Moonesamy wrote:
> The discussion is open to anyone.  If a person does not voice out
> his/her concerns it is not an important concern.  For what it is worth,
> decisions are taken on a mailing list.  That provides a low barrier to
> participation (ignoring the time element).
>
> Please note that the process is not perfect.

No process is perfect; I think we can say of rough consensus that it
"is the worst form of group decision taking, except for all those
other forms that have been tried from time to time," to misquote a
famous man. One of its strange virtues is that the process for
determining rough consensus is itself determined by rough consensus.

   Brian