[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun Dec 22 13:53:46 UTC 2013

In message <52B5E36D.2000101 at gmail.com>, at 07:52:29 on Sun, 22 Dec
2013, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> writes

>I find these objectives very disturbing.

>They seem to assume
>(a) That there is a problem caused by defective IG.
>(b) That the solution is a "global IG model".
>
>I am not aware that either of these assumptions have been justified.
>That should be the starting point IMHO.

It's an extremely common premise for a new forum though.

eg (and no specific criticism intended, the
something-is-broken-we-must-fix-it meme is pervasive) the ITU claiming
IPv6 allocation is broken, and setting up discussions on how to fix it.
The RIRs of course say "but it isn't broken..." however they did need to
*go* to those ITU meetings in order to get that point of view across.
Ignoring it would have meant tacit agreement that it was true.
--
Roland Perry