[discuss] technical vs societal issues (was: Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013)

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 10:15:43 UTC 2013

> Aside from the Brazil meeting, the 'unpacking' of issues you eloquently present in your first paragraph really needs to be done - right now everything is conflated together and if that's not remedied, we are going to end up with a messed-up Internet for everyone.

While we can consider the Internet as "one net" and coordination/cooperation is required for it to run smoothly, it will be essentially messed up for the ones that want to mess with it, and I'm not talking about malicious intent.
> It seems to me that the unpacking is an excellent thing for /1net to engage in, whatever happens with one meeting or another.

It is a must, a linear discussion like we are having now it does not scale, and if you consider that ICANN which is a 15+ year old organization and still discussing its identity, role, how to govern and operate itself, what we can expect from the nascent 1net that doesn't even have yet a mission ?

Regards
Jorge