[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Dec 24 12:12:38 UTC 2013

In message <84C9EA3B-CB64-4C53-AB39-FE8C0D1E969D at gmail.com>, at 11:46:01
on Tue, 24 Dec 2013, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> writes

 >[perhaps] the LOG thinks ... that the "technical and academia
 >community" is actually a single category, which would be a throw-back
 >to the nonsensical UN WSIS formulation (which inter alia implies that
 >the only “academics" worth including are technical people, not
social >scientists etc

Isn't it more to do with the existence of a significant body of *policy
making* (rather than *IT engineering*) folks within the academic
community who are sufficiently integrated into what's generally called
the I-star community that it's needlessly complicated to try to separate
them back out again.

Some of them are quite likely social scientists.
--
Roland Perry