[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 14:11:52 UTC 2013

That proposal and subsequent meetings have been based on a long list of flawed assumptions, like that developing countries will not get their fare share of allocation of IPv6 address space and that allocation and assignment policies of IPv4 will be replicated for IPv6.

Rod Beckstrom at the time -big foot in the mouth situation- got in a public pissing contest with ITU fanboys that was a fascinating show of how much clue both sides had about this matter.

And following ITU openness many if not all the documents related to that WG require TIES access.

In summary ITU's claim that IPv6 allocation is broken is 100% bogus and unfounded.

-Jorge