[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 16:24:49 UTC 2013

>> IPv4 -> IPv6 s not a problem to solve, it's just a job to do.
>
> With my SME hat on it's a problem because it means replacing just about all my infrastructure (hardware and software), several of which are legacy and will never be updated by their suppliers.

That is *your* problem, not an Internet problem to be solved at the IG layer. How you run your business is out of the scope of the IG and if you expect a solution to *your* problem from that front you will certainly go broke pretty fast.

> As for "Governance" issues, I'm not sure the traceability issues have all been solved (either for users who wish to be less traceable, or law enforcement who wish users to be more traceable). And that's just one aspect

Privacy and anonymity go way beyond IPv6 address allocations.

-J