[discuss] IPv6 Deployment and IG

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 03:52:18 UTC 2013

> 2. Determining the size of allocations and the criteria for qualification to get an allocation is another important part of the operation.  This was developed within the IETF after much discussion and research.
>
> This seems to me to fall into the "governance" area with strong inputs from the technical community.

For me it is still a matter of technical coordination and not "Internet Governance," but given that the coordination can't be arbitrary there is a need to have some policy, then Governance (in the corporate sense) enters into place in the development of that policy and the definition/creation of processes to follow for such development.

Same thing about the governance of ICANN as a corporate entity which does not translates as governance of the Internet, even being ICANN the current contractor for the IANA function.

-J