[discuss] IPv6 Deployment and IG

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 05:39:23 UTC 2013

sent from Google nexus 4
On 26 Dec 2013 01:52, "avri" <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> But one person's technical coordination is governance to others.

So the fact that I one day decide to filter some traffic on my network is
governance right?

> For example, in my view, there  is no technical coordination without
policy tussle, and working through those tussles is where governance gets
its start.

Looking at this from RIR perspective, would you then say the process to
creating policy for allocating IP resource is also governance?

> Just because we, for some historical definition of we,  did not call
technical coordination  governance, does not mean that it isn't part of
governance.

I don't think it's governance, governance came into focus after realising
that internet is a huge cake that needs to be sliced fairly. It also comes
in place to uphold the basic fundamentals of the internet.

Cheers!