[discuss] IPv6 Deployment and IG

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Dec 26 15:12:19 UTC 2013

On Dec 26, 2013, at 9:28 AM, JFC Morfin <jefsey at jefsey.com> wrote:

> At 14:16 26/12/2013, John Curran wrote:
>> It's excellent example where the IETF has quite a bit of effort with the
>> goal of a better Internet,
>
> OpenStand has explained that a better internet is an internet better driven by the economics of global markets fueled by technological advancements. This is a liberal technology approach based on MSism. As a result, IPv6, DNSSEC, etc. sound like unacceptable dirigisms.

I don't know about DNSSEC (it may or may not be the case) but in the case of
IPv6, there's quite a few service providers who realize that their economic
long-term success is predicated on success of IPv6.  References are readily
available, including deployments of T-Mobile, Comcast, etc.

FYI,
/John

Disclaimers:  My views alone.