[discuss] [governance] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 20:25:36 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>wrote:

>  I can see no other reason why (specific motivations) and how (the power
> of those so motivated) was, for instance, civil society denied its right to
> decide the manner of its participation in the Brazil meeting...
>
> I asked this question in this thread but got no response. Thanks however
for clearing this for me now. I don't think this is the right path we are
trailing especially with CS (IMHO the CS team represent the most neutral
body amongst all the stakeholders and are ofcourse closer to users). I will
strongly suggest that the LOG clear this "allegations" as it could mean a
lot to the successful running of the BR event.

> If 1Net is to become the front of such non transparent motivations of some
> powerful players, it puts an unfortunate shadow on its genuine
> possibilities, al least some of which I could see and appreciate.
>
> Here 1net really need to restore confidence in this group it has started.
There are many who are already having this mindset (you can easily tell by
the few names within the long thread of discussions :) )

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*