[discuss] IPv6 Deployment and IG

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 13:37:32 UTC 2013

> Governance is social steering.  Governance is not government.  Governance
> is not necessarily top down.  Governance takes many forms and is arrived at
> through many paths, collective action—e.g. coordination and
> collaboration---being one of them.  etc etc etc.

That is not the interpretation on the Spanish speaking part of the world

And it is not just social steering, corporate governance in many cases turn
not to be very social :-)

I really like the definition in Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governance, that if used on Internet
Governance translates into the act of Governing the Internet...

Now we can talk about governance of different entities such as ICANN, ISOC,
etc, but that is more in line with corporate governance than the overall
Internet Governance idea, and that many (surprisingly some of them call
themselves experts) point to ICANN as the Mecca of Internet Governance.

Regards
Jorge