[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Dec 31 13:32:15 UTC 2013

On Dec 31, 2013, at 8:03 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 December 2013 05:22 PM, William Drake wrote:
>> Banal end of year observation: there’s been a lot of criticism of the 1net initiative for all kinds of reasons, but at least this list has quickly become one of the more vibrant spaces for really multistakeholder dialogue on IG.
>
> I agree Bill. Have always greatly welcomed 1Net as an inter stakeholder or multistakeholder dialogue space..

Indeed...  we do seem to have quite a bit of dialogue.  :-)

> What I am far less sure is about it trying to be an advocacy platform.

I'm not certain I know what an "advocacy platform" is, but I am hoping in 2014 that 1net will move beyond
dialogue into actual collaboration towards solutions on some of the various Internet issues that have been
discussed.  (I don't think we need much more than some basic processes for issue selection and consensus
assessment, and there's already running code elsewhere that may be leveraged for those types of tasks.)

Thanks! (and Happy New Year to all)
/John

Disclaimers:  My views alone.