[discuss] [IANAtransition] A Summary of IANA Oversight Transition Tasks and Issues

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Wed Apr 2 06:29:56 UTC 2014

Hi David,
At 17:16 01-04-2014, David Conrad wrote:
>Without commenting on the DNSA or other structural separation proposals:
>
>The IETF oversees the operation of the protocol parameter function.
>The RIRs oversee the operation of the numbers allocation function.
>
>Both of these entities would appear to have vested interest.

I don't think that it is a problem in the first case as
http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/governance/coi is not
applicable.  I am not commenting about the second case as I would
have to do some more reading.

I would describe one of the issues as being about decisions which are
not seeming to be based on a reason.  The issue is complex [1].

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. See msg-id: 57d46c96cf78406ba15ace4177553f33 at EX13-MBX-13.ad.syr.edu