[discuss] ICANN accountability and Internet Governance Principles

Shatan, Gregory S. GShatan at ReedSmith.com
Thu Apr 3 18:10:27 UTC 2014

When there several modes of transportation available, the choice of whether to go by car, train, plane or Tardis is significant.

Clearly, we still have to decide our exact destination and our route.  No one would say otherwise.

And in this case (not to do too much violence to the analogy), we know the vehicle in which we'll be seated when we get there.

Greg Shatan
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Device

----- Original Message -----
From: Jefsey [mailto:jefsey at jefsey.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2014 11:04 AM
Cc: discuss at 1net.org <discuss at 1net.org>
Subject: Re: [discuss] ICANN accountability and Internet Governance Principles

At 16:01 03/04/2014, Milton L Mueller wrote:
>this is a real "vote of confidence" in the MS model.

This is like saying: I vote that a car must be driven.

This leaves questions such as:
- who will be the driver?
- how will he/she drive?
- where will he/she want to go?
- will he/she listen tothe passengers?
- how much will he/she charge?
- etc. etc.

jfc

                                                                * * *

This E-mail, along with any attachments, is considered
confidential and may well be legally privileged. If you have received it in
error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply
e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or
use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you for your cooperation.

                                                                * * *

To ensure compliance with Treasury Department regulations, we
inform you that, unless otherwise indicated in writing, any U.S. Federal tax
advice contained in this communication  (including any attachments) is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (1)
avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state
and local provisions or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another
party any tax-related matters addressed herein.
                                                                        Disclaimer Version RS.US.20.10.00