[discuss] Transparency and Accountability vis-à-vis ICANN and the IANA functions

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 20:03:54 UTC 2014

Stephen two points:
1. I don't follow your first point :0 ... You can and do have the pursuit of
private interests to the exclusion of (and in many/most cases in opposition
to) a public interest -- (that is a most lamentable outcome of 20 years of
concerted post-Thatcher/Reagan neo-liberalization efforts by various
ideologues and their political allies... and we see its effects in a number
of contexts and sectors to the harm of many, particularly the most
vulnerable.

2. my own feelings on the subject which are clear have, I think, nothing to
do with my overall argument or its presentation as below.

However, of course my overall position is that the Internet should be
understood and treated as a global public good and managed/governed in the
global public interest,.