[discuss] ICANN proposal for NTIA transition published - deadline 8 May 2014 for community feedback

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Wed Apr 9 09:35:33 UTC 2014

On Apr 8, 2014, at 9:38 PM, Jordan Carter <jordan at internetnz.net.nz> wrote:

> ICANN has released its proposal for the transition dialogue re NTIA DNS functions.
>
> The page and material is at http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/iana/transition/draft-proposal-08apr14-en.htm.

Per that announcement page -

> Opportunity for public dialogue and community feedback
>
>    Posted 8 April, 2014
>    Deadline 8 May, 2014 (midnight UTC)

I imagine it would be fairly important for individuals, groups and associations with different perspectives
or views regarding what should be the IANA planning process, goals, or scope to provide clear feedback
regarding their views and reasoning by the specified deadline, since at some point this all activity needs
to shift from "establishing the IANA stewardship transition planning process" to actually executing the
resulting IANA stewardship transition planning process...

/John

Disclaimer: My views alone.