[discuss] Wikileaks releases Penultimate NetMundial Outcome Document

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Fri Apr 11 09:42:19 UTC 2014

How refreshing and true!

The transition is from a decentralized (cf. NTIA "the internet is a
decentralized network") to a distributed network. From US centricity
(NTIA contract) to a people's centricity (WSIS) that most of the
people of this "sandbox" still confuse with an ICANN centricity "in
consultation with the NTIA" (cf. scope: NTIA has the con, as usual)
"under the Affirmation of Commitments". This is why they confuse what
is meant to be a "first step of work" with the whole walk. They
forget that this first step is only about a "global dialogue".

However, it seems that this "first step" is going to end on sept 2015
(cf. the circus road map on the ICANN pags). So, the second is the
transfer from NTIA to ICANN and not to the us the people of the world.

Have you the same feeling?

There was an attempt to discuss governance outside of the ICANN
middleware, but it stopped as becoming ICANN inclusive. Should we
start a multilingual mailing list?

M G

BTW, I found an interesting site for those who want to discuss
network reality and resulting governance functions in more details
http://icann2014.org/