[discuss] Wikileaks releases Penultimate NetMundial Outcome Document

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Apr 11 11:25:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 09-Apr-14 19:07, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> Good to know that the organisers have kindly prepared the
> conclusions before the meeting. While that technique is often
> practiced by people trying to avoid the inconvenience of argument
> and dissent, it's hardly in the spirit of open debate and the
> emergence of a true consensus at the meeting itself.

A lot of people submitted contributions.  They are working on a
synthesis (of which it was allegedly the penultimate) that we will then
discuss, rip apart, put back together, add to & subtract from, between
now and the end of NETMundial.

Seems a reasonable process for a conference that starts with
contributions and tries to end with output, done with as many
stakeholders as possible in participation.

Bestbits just did a fast turn around response to the penultimate that I
have signed on to.

http://bestbits.net/netmundial-outcome-comments/

avri