[discuss] Dear ICANN - Feedback

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Apr 14 14:41:13 UTC 2014

On Monday 14 April 2014 04:05 PM, Ian Peter wrote:
> my take - something like 12 -16 persons maximum, equal weighting to
> technical community, civil society, business and governmental
> interests. Completely  separate from but working in collaboration with
> the already announced technical community committee of 24.

Ian

I must quote my email of a few hour ago, but sent before you sent this email

"a self appointed MS system where a few groups declare themselves as
stakeholders and begin taking decision through mutual bargains among
themselves - decisions that implicate everyone, meaning the larger public."

Who decided that there are 4 stakeholder groups who have stakes in
deciding the nature of public oversight over critical Internet
resources, or just the DNS.... Who made their stakes equal - lie big
business having the same level as the whole of civil society - with so
many varied interests and forms...

And thirdly, as one knows would happen. how is ICC put as the gatekeeper
of business stakeholders and ISOC of technical community..... I meet so
many technical people here in India, very few would see themselves
aligned to the political positions I see ISOC take .

When were these questions last examined..... In a democracy, they will
be a daily talk...

Making the group you suggest would be more or less a fixed match,
numerous of which kind we have been seeing lately in this area of IG...
Lets make some bold departures - towards democratic systems, and let
people decide issues of importance to them. .

parminder