[discuss] FW: [IP] GOP, Dems Clash Over Online Domain Name Oversight/reality check

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Apr 15 13:36:33 UTC 2014

At 14:32 15/04/2014, joseph alhadeff wrote:
>Have you seen anything on this self-selected microcosm of a list
>that has gotten 100% support?  Lets stop characterizing input by
>nationality as they are useless generalizations....

IMHO, this is not the support of any list which is discussed here.
There was for years a global 99.999 % de facto acceptance of the
NTIA/ICANN/IANA system. On March 14th, the NTIA has demonstrated that
this stable acceptance could/would have an end. This has changed the
"reach of the Internet" (RFC 3935, 4.4) as a "global phenomenon"
(i.e. an observable occurrence) by "the people interested in its
evolution [who] are from every culture under the sun and from all
walks of life."

There is certainly an American internet qualia that leads to what
Michel describes. This has nothing to do with nationality, but with
common national (difficult not to refer to nationality in a nationaly
defined thread) multipartisan vision. It is typical that the GOP/Dems
clash is an opposition on modalities and not on a qualia (they claim
to share), that for example, I do not feel at all.

jfc