[discuss] What is MSism?

Patrick Ryan pryan at pryan.net
Wed Apr 16 14:45:29 UTC 2014

Excellent doc, McTim.  I'll add one more comment and a suggested document.
In many ways, "multistakeholder" is a philosophy, and could be affected by
cultural norms---it is probably not a binary relationship.  There's another
perspective on the topic in the Strategy Panel on ICANN's Role in the
Internet Governance Ecosystem.  While it is a long report, skipping to
Section 3 provides some thoughts on multistakeholder governance, which also
includes discussion on some of the "characteristics" of governance, like
the meaning of "stewardship" (another word that can mean a lot of different
things to people). Report is
here<https://www.icann.org/en/about/planning/strategic-engagement/governance-ecosystem/report-23feb14-en.pdf>.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 2:12 AM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>

> I believe all of your queries RE: MSism should be answered by this doc:
>

> http://gsnetworks.org/wp-content/uploads/The-Remarkable-Internet-Governance-Network-Part-I.pdf
>
> rgds,
>
> McTim
>
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 8:07 PM, michael gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > My contribution to this discussion...
> >

> > Blogpost: The Multistakeholder Model, Neo-liberalism and Global
> (Internet)
> > Governance

> --
> Cheers,