[discuss] [governance] Re: Council of Europe Guide on Human Rights of Internet Users adopted

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Apr 17 11:46:39 UTC 2014

I think this illustrates my previous mail and explains why I wish
Europe to represent VGN Masters interests.

1. here is the URL for those who feel more at ease with French language.
https://wcd.coe.int/ViewDoc.jsp?Ref=CM/Rec%282014%296&Language=lanFrench&Ver=original&Site=CM&BackColorInternet=C3C3C3&BackColorIntranet=EDB021&BackColorLogged=F5D383

2. I would be glad if our Brazilian stakeholders could give us the
URL of an English and French versions of their Marco Civil Europe
quoted yesterday as siginificant contribution.

3. I would like to note that the US trademark for the InterNIC as
considered in
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/other-publication/2001/internic-license-agreement-01-08-01
terminates on January 17, 2015 as per
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/interniclicenseamendment_090930.pdf.

If the end of the political aspects of the NTIA oversight is on Sept,
30, 2015, the technical supervision which primarily interests the VGN
Masters, therfore terminates on January 17, 2015. This puts a serious
constraint on the fail-secure plan we are to foresee, while the lack
of reference of the NTIA to this date in its communication shows
seems surprising.

jfc