[discuss] Troll II [was diverted to Multiple undisclosed identities]

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Apr 17 14:50:39 UTC 2014

:-) :-) :-)

Jay,

you deeply affected this Sao Paulo preparation MS process. Now, you
want to transform an MS process into a Sherlock Governance Game! And
you have induced DoS attack on our IPs. Thanks! You are getting
boring. That is certainly a troll by any means.

One must not feed the trolls. But I understand you are the white
crusader. And is so doing you are teaching us a few things about this
MS process, debate and purpose. But please before becoming ridiculous
at discovering incorrectly the widely published and known obvious you
***should*** definitly read http://telepresse.com! Or may be call the NSA!

Actually, your intense work, a part of incitating hackers to attack
us, shown you and others what a pre-VGN can be. Give us a few months
more for us to experiment and document that better. If you want to
come and help in our place we will show you the few we still are, our
IPs, machines, softwares, etc. Where we are located. Not the
telepress members list and situation reports (not big but sometimes
interesting, some others requiring big work) because this is covered
by press protection rights.

For others, Troll apart:

we have been hit by an attack on our main system (after I annouced
our VGn experimentations project ...?), so Intlnet and World at Wide
have many sites to bring back (including IUCG) or/and to change
configuration and machine. We are currently ordering a master one at
the office and a second online server. This takes time and money we
are to personnally foot. We are not ICANN, NRO, ISOC, etc. (or even
.NZ) even if some people are expecting more extended and test-bed
experimentation services from us. As everyone knows, the work is not
related to the number of users, but to the files to produce and
maintain on-line. The budget for only one Washingtonian person to go
to Singapore to listen to Lawrence Strickling's down-town Washington
speach would cover the full cost of our prototype project.

So, Jay,
I would appreciate that after your fun, you stop harassing our
operations and team. You gave us, however, an important lesson: MS
cooperation may imply MS conflicts,  and MS process tools must
obviously permit to address them ethically and efficiently, i.e.
being satisfactory to BOTH parties. In this case, our VGNIC is not
much affected because we are cool FLOSS people, but the NZ NIC is
obviously worried.

We never intended that. I just want to underline that I came in the
open to describe a problem, I was rebuked, I persisted because the
problem is the problem of the stakeholder I am and of our team (and I
believe it is the problem of the stakeholders most of you will be,
sometime when we have worked, experimented, documented, developed for
you, with the few who already help or all those who will join). Now,
the problem has been demonstrated, it is up to all of us to address it.

It boils down to a simple phrase: the relational networks' virtual
networks on the various technology networks of physical
networks.  With a metaphor from RFC 4894 I keep in mind: "Since each
technology step roughly doubles memory, that implies that if demand
grows faster than about (2x/1.5x) = 1.3x every 2 years, then
technology refresh will not be able to remain on a constant cost curve."

jfc