[discuss] we need to fix what may be broken

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Thu Apr 17 19:51:36 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 03:42:28PM -0400, Barry Shein wrote:

> Something I am always amazed by when I attend ICANN meetings (which is
> often) is how little attention seems to be given to the IPv6
> transition.

As I noted elsewhere in this thread, this is a plain economics
problem.  There are first-mover costs and few real direct advantages
to moving to IPv6 first, so until "everyone else" is on v6, why move
there?

And as I suggested in that other message, there is something ICANN
could do, but it's probably not something people would be comfortable
with.  They could give out money as a subsidy to encourage v6 adoption.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com