[discuss] [ciresearchers] NETmundial documents online for comment

Mike Roberts mmr at darwin.ptvy.ca.us
Fri Apr 18 14:44:54 UTC 2014

It’s fine to exhort us to promote democracy.

It is just plain hard work to forge working democracy in cyberspace.  So far, there hasn’t been much progress.

The ease with which identities can be forged, manipulated, and otherwise used to prevent democracy in action is troubling and real.

While efforts continue in that direction, let’s not hang a millstone around the neck of NETMundial folks for not assuming something that is not there, at least today.

MS is a primitive and imperfect means of addressing some fundamental needs for fair representation.  But it is what we have.

- Mike