[discuss] [governance] RE: [ciresearchers] NETmundial documents online for comment

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Apr 18 16:16:45 UTC 2014

At 17:29 18/04/2014, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:
>Since I do not bother being bashed, I dare to advance (borrowing from
>Geometry, please recall that in the distant past I did naval
>engineering) that "multistakeholder" is orthogonal to "democracy",
>"participation" and so on. We make multistakeholder democratic and
>participative by our own (each stakeholder's) actions.

Correct. Multistakeholderism is a pre-decision system, like electoral
campaigning where every (democracy) or only some candidates
(oligarchy) are permitted. The decision process itself can be by vote
(democracy), humming - (rough) consensus (e.g. IETF), received order
(dictatures), electoral manipulation (fraud), predetermined plan
(strategic use), emergence from individual self-decisions (polycracy)

In the recent USIG case, the OpenStand, WCIT minority position +
Snowden + RFC 6852 + Montevideo + Sao Paulo annoucement + March 14th
(NTIA annoucement, I*Leader approbation, Industry support, and Lynn
St Amour 35 pages study on the consequences) sequence, this might be
a decision by predetermined plan.

I have nothing about strategic plans if they are open, for my own
good, and fair for all. I am suspicious when they are not transparent
(but this may be loyally necessary). I tend to oppose them as
inefficient on the long range when they are disloyal, i.e. showing a
conflict between disclosed and undisclosed but manifest objectives.

I tend to consider policracy as the only realistic way to obtain a
decision from the Multitude (i.e. all those having retained their
informed self-determination, in the Internet case, the IUsers).
jfc