[discuss] we need to fix what may be broken

Dr. Ben Fuller ben at fuller.na
Wed Apr 23 10:20:27 UTC 2014

All,

I’m keeping this quote because its gonna be useful someday.

"Note that necessity is an excellent forcing function, and if there is
actual need for policies supporting increased secondary markets for IPv4,
then I'm fairly certain that they will emerge as IP address community
perceives of the need.  This ability to let the community set policy,
via uneven stumbling at times, it precisely the principle that many of
us see as fundamental to successful global coordination of Internet
identifiers (and the antithesis of the "visionary leadership" model
that so often fails in mandatory top-down approaches)”

Ben