[discuss] NetMundial Initiative

Stephen Farrell stephen.farrell at cs.tcd.ie
Thu Aug 14 01:46:29 UTC 2014

Gotta say... seems like elitist nonsense to me having looked
at the invite list and other docs. The elitist part should be
obvious. The nonsense part is due to  almost none of the list
of invitees being known for knowing about the Internet. It
seems much more an elite than an Internet-savvy list of folks
being asked to form a new cabal. That said, cabals aren't all
bad, and I've no reason to think very badly of this particular
subset of the elite and its I guess just more meaningless policy
stuff so I don't need to care very much.

That said, it seems a pity for this to be the next step after
the Brazil gig which seemed relatively open.

S.