[discuss] Boundaries and sovereignty

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Sat Feb 1 21:16:34 UTC 2014

At 19:47 01/02/2014, JFC Morfin wrote:
>It consists in providing each person and utilization a full command
>on their relational behavior in continuity with their command of
>their decision process through their operating system, applications,
>and databases. This means, atop of the OSI pile, a network oriented
>OS continuation of Posix.

This is certainly an interesting concept, but is that not a lot ambitious?

>For years, considering a Netix Posix continuation could have been at
>odds with the network stability. For many reasons, including the
>awareness embodied in this list, that is no longer the case. This is
>why I will call for a NetixBarCamp this July at the RMLL (
>https://2014.rmll.info/?lang=en) to consider the status of the art
>and a roadmap and the HomeRoot project example ("give back everyone
>their root's data").

So, if I understand you correctly you want to explore how to unite
local and distributed processing and to start by federating the
namespace on a MS concerted basis? But is this possible?

This would put boundaries and sovereignty under people's authority?

M G