[discuss] Br official site launched

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Mon Feb 3 09:15:51 UTC 2014

On 3 Feb 2014, at 5:11 am, Milton L Mueller <mueller at SYR.EDU> wrote:

> > I'm not against the Brazil meeting, and it's the meeting committees that are
> > to liaise between the organisers and their constituents.  I think it would be
> > a great idea for 1net to decide for itself what it should be doing
> >  rather than be told that it's a co-organiser of the Brazil meeting regardless
> > of the wishes of its participants or the historical facts.
>
> Weak response. What would you have it do? You have no serious agenda, which is why you're coming off as obstructionist. You seem to be keen to prevent it from doing something that most people think it was created to do, but you have not suggested anything serious that it should be doing, except perhaps sit around and quibble about what it should do.

I don't blame you for thinking that since you're not a Best Bits participant (though you're welcome to be one!), however we are actively developing substantive and procedural inputs for the Brazil meeting through the Best Bits network, and I'm helping to facilitate that.  I'm also a member of the Civil Society Internet Governance Coordination Group that helped select the candidates for the Brazil meeting committees.  And additionally I'm helping to plan a civil society pre-event in Brazil.  So this is just to set your mind at rest about me being obstructionist.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

WCRD 2014 - Fix Our Phone Rights! | http://consint.info/fix-our-phone-rights

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.