[discuss] Real world Impact of multiple roots

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Mon Feb 3 20:36:54 UTC 2014

Although I suppose it's fun this discussion of splitting the root
borders on fantasy fiction.

It presumes for example that multiple parallel roots would be unable
to form alliances and coordinate their activities and, instead, that
they would blunder forward like blind in the dark (I suppose "in the
dark" overstates that point.)

As one model they could agree by some process to manage disjoint TLDs.

That would change most of this speculation.

So in order to predict the effects of multiple roots one would also
have to propose likely working models for multiple roots: Dystopic
(warring), dysfunctional (ignoring), cooperative (voluntary),
coordinated (involuntary, under some higher authority), etc.

That's not what's happening here.

I won't quite say it's a waste of time but it's probably a waste of
time. At least it is without laying out specific futures.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada