[discuss] History/Summary of discussion on /1net till 30/01/2014

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Tue Feb 4 12:39:14 UTC 2014

At 09:38 04/02/2014, Nick Ashton-Hart wrote:
>As the civil society people can attest, using a wiki-type document
>(they use EtherPad) to come to agreement works and is much more
>efficient than serial email posting.

 From experience the three are to be used together. The list for the
discussions, the etherpad for the common writting, the wiki for
library purposes, updatable reports and to bring new commers up to date.

The need is for a value added compound of the three. With an
interlink system, semantic search, data mining, networked spaces,
etc.. This is something I professionnally need (facilitated joint
writting/reading) and I intend to analyze within the netix project.
The current buzz word is "wiki 3.0" as a starting point.

M G