[discuss] Updated Web site

Shatan, Gregory S. GShatan at ReedSmith.com
Wed Feb 5 02:26:30 UTC 2014

So instead of monitoring one messy mailing list, we'll need to monitor a dozen forums (fora)?  Not sure which is the more productive of two evils.  A single "general discussion" forum with properly displayed threaded discussions might be better, rather than balkanizing us at this point.  I think the cross-pollination here has some positive effects.

Maybe a single "board' wouldn't scale as well, but I don't know whether scalability is a key premise for 1net.

I suppose we will learn to adapt.

Greg

P.S.  Did the "Steering Committee" approve this shift?

PP.'S.  Will more than a few members of the Steering Committee ever come play with us?

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces at 1net.org [mailto:discuss-bounces at 1net.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Sullivan
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 8:14 PM
To: discuss at 1net.org
Subject: Re: [discuss] Updated Web site

On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 10:22:11PM +0400, Adiel Akplogan wrote:
> On 2014-02-04, at 22:06 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> wrote:

> > Does this mean that to send remarks to the discussion, one needs to
> > log into the forum?
>
> Yes Andrew that is what it means. Thanks.

I see others claim not, and apparently my message got through, so I'll try again this way until it fails.

I just went to the forum (perhaps amusingly, attempting to get to http://1net.org simply timed out) to see whether there were things I didn't see in my INBOX.  The only thing I could see was a note about website support and suggestions (none of the discussion I saw on the list today was there, for instance).  I didn't log in or create an account.  I sure hope one doesn't need to log in to read posts in the forum.

For what it's worth, I think the chances that I'm going to go to some special web forum to have any kind of discussion on any topic are pretty near zero.  (I have occasionally, when forced to do it, used such forum systems for technical support.)  I already have far too much volume of communication, and there is little chance I'm going to learn a new interface just for this purpose.  There are doubtless people who will be delighted that I've at last gone quiet, so at least that goal will have been achieved.

Best regards,

Andrew

--
Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com

                                                                * * *

This E-mail, along with any attachments, is considered
confidential and may well be legally privileged. If you have received it in
error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply
e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or
use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you for your cooperation.

                                                                * * *

To ensure compliance with Treasury Department regulations, we
inform you that, unless otherwise indicated in writing, any U.S. Federal tax
advice contained in this communication  (including any attachments) is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (1)
avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state
and local provisions or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another
party any tax-related matters addressed herein.
                                                                        Disclaimer Version RS.US.20.10.00