[discuss] list reboot

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Sat Feb 8 13:35:08 UTC 2014

I deduce from the blunt drop in traffic on this mailing list, of the
the absence of IG related topic on the forum, and from Avri's
acknowledged evaluation of the practical registration tactic, that my
evaluation of the /1net politicak trick using the sociotechnical
communities was correct.

This should not prevent this MS mailing list (we do not care how it
was created) from discussig what I identify as the main MS issues at hand:

1) the IoT naming identification. ONS vs. another system. Example:
http://gigaom.com/2014/01/15/this-group-just-created-a-address-book-for-the-internet-of-things

2) the ONS integration and suport by the DNS.
Metadata security. Resolution speed. Access reliabilty in the current
DNS increased load. HomeRoot expérimentation. Security (enterprises
will depend on B2B inviolability).

3) Non-ICANN ONS class managed by GS1 or the WTO?

4) the Business/IUsers/Political/Technical MS extension, replication,
security and dissemination of the IANA which is drastically
simplified by the RFC 6852 OpenStand agreement (I understand JFC
objections, but this seems secondary when we consider the unification
of the technical community).

I note that the M2MWorldCongress 2014 in London is on April 24-25th.

M G