[discuss] VGNIC governance

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Sun Feb 16 19:30:26 UTC 2014

At 21:38 15/02/2014, Nathalie Coupet wrote:
>Thank you for posting this, jfc. Would the internetworking happen at
>the layer 6 level? How?
>Fascinating...

http://iucg.org/wiki/VGN:_FAQs. The French version should be implemented soon.

You may also want to note the http://iucg.org/wiki/VGN_and_VGNICs,
VGN/VGNIC portal for further work on the issue.

I just want to note that VPNs are to the ICANNET the equivalent of
the DNS 35,634 other Classes to the ICANN/NTIA Class. They fully
respect the internet covenant and permits to implement easily the
OpenStand IEEE, ISOC, IETF, IAB, W3C doctrine. This unlocks the
governance situation created by the ICANN competive but legitimate
policy that led to it to become a market monopoly that contradicted
its creators who wanted to forster competition. There is now an
intergovernance scheme to stabilitize among VGN governances and VGN
developments. Some VGNICs could be by Facebook, GS1, Twitter, TNS,
Swift, churches, CS, NGOs, FLOSS?

There remains however the reason why I appealed RFC 6852 (my appeal
to ISOC is still pending): the ultilmate decision in case of
technical conflict should rest with the MS consensus. This is not a
simple question because stakeholders means a far larger community
than actors, which is already far larger than the Montevideo's
statement operators.

Another critical issue is the VGNIC capacity to allocate IPv6 address
vs. implementing LISP based solutions.
jfc