[discuss] Possible approaches to solving "problem no. 1"

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Mon Feb 17 15:59:04 UTC 2014

Keith,
This would only call for ISO 3166

1) issuing multicodes in the nationally acknowldged normative languages
2) ony use IDNA code points
3) for countries, territories, administrative regions
4) and its list of acknowledged normative languages.

This is where a VGNIC MS governance (enhanced cooperation) could
bring a response: ICANN is a member of the ISO 3166/MA: it could
represent the VGNICs community there. One likely VGNIC candidate is
GS1 which has close ties with Fadi Chehade. This might help?

Anyway, I understand that the EZOP designers will need such a
country,  administrative, language and namespace class table?

M G