[discuss] discuss Digest, Vol 3, Issue 67

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Feb 19 00:04:16 UTC 2014

At 00:08 19/02/2014, Milton L Mueller wrote:
>I think the allegedly "unclear" nature of the transfer stems from
>the GAO's lack of confidence in its knowledge of both the technology
>of the root server system and its history. By supporting the
>development of the DNS, the U.S. federal government did not create a
>"property" interest in anything that I can see. It paid people to
>run a registry but as far as I know it is not claiming a property
>interest in the root zone data.

Just studying a George Friedman's "The American Public's Indifference
to Foreign Affairs" note. This could explain the odd mood of our
American colleagues irt. ICANN and IANA MS globalization. They do not
care much: the internet belongs now to their way of life, so does
ICANN etc.  So, this is the right time to build FLOSS, international,
IUsers, national, continental, etc. "complements".

jfc