[discuss] Internet Governance PDPs and Audits

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 19:51:34 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Over the past couple of months, I have watched how alot of the comments are
ICANN related. I feel that for the most part ICANN is a continuously
morphing entity that is seriously committed to inclusion, participation
from diverse stakeholders and whose Policy Development Processes are open
to comment, replies etc.

There are some other organisations such as W3C who have working groups that
are known to have only  6 days comment period etc.

Whilst organisations differ in how they organise themselves, there are
aspects of what they do that require minumum threshholds of accountability
and best practice.

It might be useful to determine a benchmark via ratings.These ratings could
be carried out independently.

Regardless of the institution, something worthwhile looking at are some
sort of high level principles that can be used to audit or to be considered
best practice for organisations so they can be rated.

I would be interested to see studies commissioned in this area pertaining
to issues of accessibility as it relates to meaningful participation.

Kind Regards,
Sala