[discuss] governments and rule of law (was: Possible approaches to solving...)

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Feb 24 14:33:41 UTC 2014

At 14:48 24/02/2014, John Curran wrote:
>ICANN community have the (nearly) final say in what policy is in its
>best interests,

I am sorry, John, but I am interested in the IUser, user @large and
would be user community interests. Then in their common interests
represented by their governments. And then in their collective
industrial interests represented by their private sector.

I would be interested in an ICANN document clearly showing these
interests and those of the "ICANN community" and how they intersect.
I feel that this is the main relational problem of ICANN: to show how
it serves the civil society, private sector and Governments when
compared to the possible alternatives, once removed the history
hysteresis (globalization implies changes that will necessarily
question this hysteresis).

The HomeRoot experimentation project is also to help evaluating the
cons and the pros of a centralized coordination, a semi-distributed
(VGNICS) and a grassroots system (HomeRoot) in terms of usage quality
effilience, constaints, surety, security, response time, power
supply, memory space, accuracy, costs. For example, there is no doubt
that an HomeRoot system addresses many African, islands and nomad
users' needs.

jfc