[discuss] governments and rule of law (was: Possible approaches to solving...)

Joe Alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Mon Feb 24 14:44:27 UTC 2014

This is a very interesting and thought provoking thread.  As we have seen in the 1Net process there is fragmentation within and across stakeholders in terms of views, interests and claimed representation.  Can one say that there is a uniform IUser or @large interest that can accurately be expressed?  How are those positions validated to be in the interest of the community?  It sounds like we may be replacing governments and organizations as stewards with yet another representation that may or may not accurately reflect the views of the whole especially when most of the "whole" would not express needs in terms of root servers and technical parameters but rather I want access when and where I need it to accomplish varying tasks with few surprises in terms of cost or intrusion and some faith in oversight and accountability as executed by appropriate bodies.

Joe