[discuss] rootservers

Elisabeth Blanconil info at vgnic.org
Tue Feb 25 00:43:30 UTC 2014

At 23:36 24/02/2014, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>Now imagine the DNS servers having a more reliable connection to the
>appropriate root servers.... so my point is that the local traffic
>for DNS already exists. It is when we talk about local traffic in
>relation to content that we can now take a pause to trace and really
>determine if indeed it's local or not.

This is where HomeRoot and TTR (time to resurrect: if there is no
connectivity to the TLD when the TTL expires, it is renewed) are
simple possible solutions that must be tested. Would FLOSS people
from your country join us to work on a practical proposition. We are
interested in using Bind 10 modularity, considering one or several
additional modules to define. Our plan is first to fully review the
Bind 10 code from our points of view. We are just starting. The first
face to face meeting where we will discuss the projects will be first
week of march.

Hebe