[discuss] VGNIC-speak (was: rootservers)

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Feb 25 15:28:38 UTC 2014

At 08:28 25/02/2014, Shatan, Gregory S. wrote:
>I felt it was fair to note the use of a particular vocabulary, which
>seems associated with and primarily used by those within a
>particular movement, that few if any outside that movement seem to
>understand -- and that this particular usage seems to impede
>discussions of the very concepts it is intended to describe.

Gregory,
Flame wars are of no interest if they do not have a metapurpose.

In this case you were personal (again, today about Hebe speciosa's
nickname) and wrong (the VGNICS is the very core of the Sao Paulo
debate once we have technically implemented, tested and verified it).
Better to sop it.

For what Marilyn and you do not undersnand, I will document it later
today in response to Bill Manning.

1. I certainly know Louis since 1978 and we created an association
(Eurolinc) together, but my technical roots are in sea operational
use and my architectonic vision come from Norman Hardy's Tymnet.

2. Had you been on Elisabeth's site you would have seen that the
reference is Vint Cerf. Vint Cerf is the one who explains that his
internet project is Louis Pouzin's catenet.
http://vgnics.net

3. You are probably confusing architectonical cultures.
http://pouzinsociety.org/: I certainly do not disagree with Louis
Pouzin and John Day on everything, but on the peculiar DNS issue it
happens that we fundamentally disagree!
http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/interview/open-root-and-the-grandfather-of-the-internet-97497

4. Since I am not sure you understood who Louis is and how his
positions relate to the internet's past, present and future:
http://qeprize.org/winners/
http://www.internethalloffame.org/inductees/louis-pouzin