[discuss] rootservers

manning bill bmanning at isi.edu
Tue Feb 25 23:21:59 UTC 2014

Still more questions and based on a printed report, a serious lack of sustainable structure for such a grand vision as the VGNIC…

/bill
Neca eos omnes.  Deus suos agnoscet.

On 25February2014Tuesday, at 10:21, JFC Morfin <jefsey at jefsey.com> wrote:

> To answer your question posed to Elisabeth:
> - we will discuss some practicalities, at a Free ISP monthly members meeting in France, probably next week.

	URL for the meeting, venue, participants, program?

> - then http://doodle.com/u9wnrr3quz3f8fmy on March 11 in Paris, the day after the French IGF.

	again, URL for this meeting, its venue, participants, and program would be most helpful

> - the target is to prepare a coordinated/concerted project at the IUCG OpenCamp during the Montpellier (France) FLOSS RMLL meeting, during the second week of July.

	Google shows a disconnected history of the FLOSS RMLL meetings, with sporadic reporting going back at least six years.   RMLL (Rencontres Mondiales du Logiciel Libre) report
	from 2013 reads:

	RMLL 2013 Report
Blog post by mmu_man on Mon, 2013-07-15 23:23  lsm, rmll
This year, the RMLL (Rencontres Mondiales du Logiciel Libre) / LSM (Libre Software Meeting) were held in Brussels, in the very same place where FOSDEM is held every year, although not by the same team.

The trip to RMLL is usually by itself full of surprises. This time, I took the train to Paris on friday evening, since a friend from April (a french Free Software advocacy association) was kind enough to let me have a couch for the night before car-sharing to Brussels. However, I didn't have his full address, only the metro station, and of course when I arrived there, calling his phone wouldn't ring him at all. Luckily enough i still had some battery left on the laptop and found a hotspot I could use to log on IRC and ping him so he could phone me and direct me to his flat. Then on saturday after having left Paris to pick up some others in Lille, he noticed he forgot his wallet at home, so I would have to lend him some cash. We found the others and went to Brussels, straight to the "Place de la monnaie" in the town center, where the General Public Weekend was taking place, only to be told we had to go to the ULB (Université Libre de Bruxelles) to get our vouchers for the youth hostel and camping. So we went there, then to the camping where we left the car, then back to the Libre Village. You see these stories make for some nice introduction ;-)

The few booths there for the weekend were targeted to the general public, with FLOSS advocacy groups and educational projects.