[discuss] governments and rule of law (was: Possible approaches to solving...)

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Thu Feb 27 03:32:22 UTC 2014

On Feb 26, 2014, at 10:26 PM, Alejandro Pisanty <apisanty at gmail.com> wrote:

> John,
>
> I'll let others closer to the present Board reply about the situation as is at present. I'm sure your advice would be welcome as input for many of the processes ICANN has undertaken. In what I have seen of the board "all of the above" would be my answer if you asked "what have you bumped into and how have you solved it?"
>
> What would make your contribution even more interesting and useful would be examples from other Internet-resource policy coordination organizations. I'm sure you have a treasure chest of those!

I'll can supply at least one: <https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp.html>

(Part I, Section IV defines principles for sound Internet address policy, i.e. that
 which the community should be striving for during policy development and makes
 for good policy)

(Part I, Section V, defines ARIN Board criteria for policy changes, i.e that which
 must be specifically evaluated during the policy ratification process.)

FYI,
/John

Disclaimer: My views alone.