[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Thu Jan 2 15:12:10 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-02, at 18:41 PM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agree Avri, and this is the kind of reasoning that we, from the technical community, must be open enough to agree to explore …. We should not bash out  perceived (or even sometime very real) problems just because no one want to work on new technical challenge that addressing the issue may pose.
>
> Perceived problems are not problems.

They become no problem only when you spent time to explain it in a very systematic and open maner by exploring it deeply. Unless that is done and explained in the language and context that a person perceiving the issue can understand you will still have it continuously be raise by somebody else as his problem.

> If you base technical analysis and development based on perception you will get perceived solutions.

Agree but some work still need to be done to deeply explain (with the right pedagogic approach) why it is just a perception.

But I also mentioned that some of the issue are real (like the one arguably about IPv6 backward real compatibility). And some perceived technical problems are societal (which means that the problem in fact does exist somewhere even if not technical) and explaining where the technical possibilities ends allows other to take it up properly.

- a.