[discuss] Blogpost: So What Do We Do Now? Living in a Post-Snowden World

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 14:16:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Peter H. Hellmonds <
peter.hellmonds at hellmonds.eu> wrote:

> What I'm really concerned about is the horror scenario of smart NSA
> hackers going into the cyber mafia underground for their next well-paid job
> when NSA is going to be defunded in a serious way. We should really be
> looking at providing positive alternatives for these talented people.

I don't think they have gone into exactly the cyber-mafia. But there is a
group of very well connected people going round suggesting that there are
many companies doing 'hackback' from offshore locations so that it is
'legal'.

I am not willing to share the details except with active law enforcement.
But it sounded very much to me like it was a sales pitch for the services
in question.

It would not surprise me in the least if the company in question was
arranging hacking for political hits. In fact I am pretty sure they would
given their actions in government.

I am not the only person to have come to the same conclusion.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/