[discuss] ICANN policy and "Internet Governance"

Demi Getschko trieste at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 22:58:12 UTC 2014

Yes. Ian. I think this is the kind of burden that ICANN has to manage
how to be free of, as soon as possible. Some years ago I said that,
imho, ICANN has to go from one government with a special status to
zero governments, and at the same time provide all stakeholder with
the way to be heard in equitable way. This includes a better
definition of GAC positions and, mainly, to devote more time and
effort in spreading the discussion about the IPv6 scenario, the needed
use of encryption , some needed tools in DNS arena, like DNSSEC. Now,
with the Snowden effect, the technical community wil be  working hard
on alleviating the "lost of trust", specially on privacy issues. A
multi layered work...
best
demi