[discuss] Fwd: Re: Meeting in São Paulo on Friday, January 10th, is between the LOG and 1Net

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Jan 7 16:55:20 UTC 2014

Dear Hartmut,

Thanks for the clarification.

I request a further clarification. What is this 1Net that you are having
this privileged discussion about organising the Brazil meeting with? I
am on the 1Net's own list where I am told that 1Net is yet nothing other
than what the yet to be constituted steering committee of the 1Net will
decide it to be.

However, LOG seems to have a very clear and strong  view of the 1Net, to
plan an exclusive discussion with it, quoting your email below "  to
sort out relevant details related to the Brazil Meeting process, in
particular the organization of the meeting's committees". (At least tell
us, who is that you discuss things with when you say you discuss
something with 1Net?)

I understand that the enclosed letter signed by key civil society
organisations was handed over to LOG long back, where civil society
groups say very clearly that they will like to directly deal with LOG
(and, although the letter was polite enough not to use the name, the
contextual meaning clearly was, "not be dealt with through the 1Net").
It also put forward its interim Liaisons, with a specific request that
they be invited to every meeting in relation to organising the Brazil
meeting.

In the circumstances, I request clarification why this request of major
civil society networks was entirely ignored, and the yet (supposedly)
unclear and undefined 1Net is being given this extremely privileged
position. We have no problem with whoever else LOG deals with, but if
civil society groups asked to be dealt with directly, and in a certain
well-described way, it would have been best if that request was acceded
to. The least that is required is to be informed why is it not being
acceded to.

Thanks, and wishing you the best in the very important and intense work
that you and LOG are involved with.

parminder